Message Notification Editor
- Click the create a message button
- Provide a name for your message notification This will not be displayed to app users.
Select the notification timing options.
- You can set the notification to fire between a specified time range
- You can set the notification to fire at a fixed time
- After making your selection, click the continue button
Set notification start and end date and time
To set the start time for the notification, click the calendar icon. This will bring up the time and date picker.
Set the time and date you want the notification to start.
- Click the calendar icon in the start time field to bring up the date and time picker.
- Click the calendar icon in the end time field to bring up the date and time picker.
- Click the continue button to produce
Repeat the process to set the end time for the notification. Click the calendar icon. This will bring up the time and date picker. Set the time and date you want the tool to end.
The notification start time can not be set to start before or after the campaign start date and time.
The notification end time can not be set to end before or after the campaign start or end date and time.
If you choose the notification to fire at a fixed time, there will be no end time to set. You only need to set the exact time you want your notification to fire.
Notification trigger state
Set the trigger action of when you want your notification to fire.
Click the 'user is inside location' button, if you want the notification to fire on entry
Click the 'user exits location' button, if you want the notification to fire on exit
Click the continue button to proceed
- Add a notification headline for your message. You can preview how it will look on a device using the device preview screen.
- Add a message for your app users to receive. You can preview how it will look on a device using the device preview screen.
- Click the continue button to proceed
Add the segmentation tags to target specific app users based on their preferences. Please note that this level of segmentation is in addition to the campaign-level segmentation.
Click inside the segmentation tag field to enter tags. After entering a tag, click the comma button on your keypad to add the tag. To add multiple tags, enter a tag, then click the comma, and then add another tag. Repeat this process until you have entered all yours
Click the continue button to produced
Add a call to action
There is a toggle button that enables a Call to Action to be added to the push notification.
- Click the switch to open the call to action input fields
If you enable the Call to Action, you need to set the following:
Set up a Call To Action (CTA) to your message notification. Add a custom name to the button.
Enter the URL link to where you want your app users to be redirected for the CTA.
Click the save button
There is a toggle button that enables Test Mode for push notifications.
Please refer to Enhanced Interactions documentation - Testing Strategies
Should you enable Test Mode, you will be required to enter the test mode ID. Please refer to the developer documentation for guidance.
Click on the test mode field to enter the test mode bubbl id
Enter the test mode id.
Click the save button to save
Device notification preview
You can preview how the notification will look on a device using the device preview screen. You can preview it on iOS and Android device
- Preview notification on the iOS device
- Preview notification on Android device
Save your notification
Click the submit button to complete your notification creation.
- Click the submit button to add your notification type to the campaign
If you want to edit your notification, click the edit notification button. If you are happy, click the return to campaign overview button. You can start adding other notification types to your campaign.
Click the edit button to edit your notification.
To return to the campaign overview where you can add more notification types, click the return to campaign overview button.
Updated about 1 month ago